Topigs Norsvin is a leading pig genetics company and renowned for its innovative approach to implementing new technologies and a continuous focus on cost-efficient pig production. Research, innovation and dissemination of genetic improvement are the cornerstones of the company. Continuous and strong product improvement will enable clients to achieve significant added value in their production. Topigs Norsvin employs worldwide around 700 employees in more than 40 countries around the globe. For more info see www.topigsnorsvin.com. Topigs Norsvin works according to the European Efabar code of conduct, demonstrating its commitment to sustainability and ensuring that issues such as food safety, the environment, genetic diversity, animal health and animal welfare are taken into account.
The Global IT Director function will be responsible for addressing global and regional operation IT needs through planning projects, coordinating efforts, designing solutions, and directing IT personnel. In this role you will lead the global IT team that is responsible for defining and implementing IT policies, procedures, and best practices. The Global IT Director will work closely with other decision makers in other functional departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective business solutions both regionally and globally.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide critical leadership and management for project planning, project implementation, and initiative execution.
- Collaborate with key leadership to define business and systems requirements, potential technical solutions, and recommended technical and architectural approaches for internal application implementation.
- Establish and maintain regular communications with the organization’s leaders and key departments managers regarding IT activities and business strategy.
- Manage global IT budget development and review, as well as provide senior level controllership.
- Develop business case rationalizations and cost/benefit analyses for IT investments and initiatives.
- Coordinate with the Project Management Office on IT related projects and project portfolios.
- Negotiate and manage vendor, outsourced, and consultant contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Coordinate and Facilitate with Global policies/direction on best-practice asset management for regional IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Oversee Globally defined IT policies and procedures applicable to regional architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, procurement, and service provision.
- Stay on top with the latest technologies, trends, and industry best practices.
- Proven experience with aligning an IT organization with enterprise-level goals and objectives in a matrix organization.
- Proven experience with IT planning, development, and management.
- Strong leadership skills, in depth knowledge and experience in business processes.
- Must be able to act as business partner for the Board of Directors and has fulfilled this role previously.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, very experienced in project management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high self-motivated, strong communicator.
- Ability to present ideas and communicate in a business-friendly style and language.
Education and/or Experience
University degree in the field of Computer Science, Engineering, or related degrees and at least 10 years of related leadership experience. Preferences include post-graduate studies in business management or business technologies.
What makes this position attractive?
- Innovation / technological progress. Topigs Norsvin operates in a highly specialised and advanced business sector. Work is frequently performed in collaboration with experts working worldwide at the high end of the market. Working with these experts implies working in an extremely innovative environment with technology as prominent driver.
- High-tech enterprise. The organisation is increasingly becoming a high-tech enterprise. This transition offers major opportunities for IT professionals. The enterprise is a strong example of an organisation where IT processes increasingly play a leading role in the overall operational process.
- A growing and global business. Respect and trust are leading values at Topigs Norsvin, combined with a pioneering approach to the future.
Recruitment for this position is entrusted (exclusively) to Schaekel & Partners. If this position appeals to you and you believe that you meet the required qualifications, then we look forward to receiving your application. You can apply directly using this form. Please write ‘IT Director Topigs Norsvin’ in the Comments field.